This month, LIH Olivia’s Place Shanghai will begin offering a parent training program called “Hanen : More Than Words” for Mandarin Chinese-speaking parents of preschoolers who are on the autism spectrum or have social pragmatic deficits. The More Than Words program was developed by speech therapists who are experts in the field of communication disorders and is backed by extensive research. The program will be delivered by Yi Lien & Chihui Yong, speech therapists who are trained and certified in the More Than Words program.
More Than Words empowers you to help your child reach the following three goals:
1 Improved social communication and back-and-forth interactions
2 Improved play skills
3 Improved imitation skills
Here are some of the valuable things you’ll learn when you attend the More Than Words Program:
• What motivates your child to communicate
• How to use your knowledge about your child to set appropriate and realistic goals
• How to make interactions with your child last longer
• Tips for using pictures and print to help your child’s understanding
• Strategies for how to talk so that your child understands you
• Strategies for developing your child’s play skills
• Ways to help your child make friends
The More Than Words parent program includes:
• 8 training sessions in small, personalized groups
• A Hanen Certified speech-language pathologist leading the program
• A pre-program consultation for you and your child with your speech-language pathologist
• Three individual sessions for you and your child with your speech-language pathologist in which you are videotaped while practicing with your child. Then you and your speech-language pathologist watch the videotaped interaction to “see” what’s helping and what you can modify to help even more
Fee: RMB 9000
Sessions will be held on Saturdays, 2.30 -4.30pm, beginning 22nd October 2016.
Please see flyer (in Mandarin Chinese) for program content and schedule: Hanen More Than Words
For information on the Hanen Centre and Hanen More Than Words
For additional program details or to register, please call LIH Olivia’s Place at 86-21-5405-0058/59 or e-mail us.