This September, LIH Olivia’s Place Beijing will open its doors to a new center that will provide a unique educational setting for children with learning and developmental difficulties. Some children are unable to access mainstream education in Beijing because of their special educational needs. This may be because of large class sizes in their current school, a lack of learning support, or simply the challenge of differentiating or adapting curriculum to an appropriate degree.
The Learning Center is able to offer highly individualized programs to children who experience barriers to learning. Our aim is to offer a high-quality learning experience to children unable to access mainstream education either temporarily or in the long term. We believe that every child is unique and deserves the opportunity to grow as learner.
The Learning Center will be open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm daily, Monday to Friday, and will follow a semester system. It will cater to children between 3 -8 years of age. Children will benefit from:
- Speech, occupational, and physical therapy delivered during the week according to need. Therapy can be pull out, push in, or via small groups.
- Access to Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) on a daily basis
- Small group ratios, with a maximum of eight children to two teachers
- Flexible attendance options, including half time and full time
- Support for reintegration into mainstream education as appropriate Extended early childhood curriculum and individual target setting
- Bilingual English/Chinese setting
For more information please contact Chery Zhou at firstname.lastname@example.org